The source for all NHS news, sports, opinion, and entertainment. For the students by the students.

NHS BEARS DEN

NHS BEARS DEN

NHS BEARS DEN

Upcoming Star In The Making

Listen to Noah Lawrence’s story of playing lacrosse from Kindergarten and now High School
Dylan Thomas
Sophomore Noah Lawrence
Noah Lawrence Ludlowe game

Norwalk High School sophomore Noah Lawrence is now going to his second year on the lacrosse and he is really looking forward this year to play.  Since the age of 4, Noah has been playing lacrosse because his dad is the head coach of Division III school SUNY Purchase School Men’s lacrosse so he decided to follow his fathers footsteps and play and hopefully coach in the future just like him.  Noah is also a part of the CT Wolves Lacrosse team, a club that is meant to. recruit, mentor and develop student who want to compete at high school levels and college levels possibly going to a DI college.  The club was founded by John Matthews, made in 2018, located in Green Farms Academy and is looking for young athletes who have a dream of playing lacrosse in the future!

Noah Lawrence Notre Dame game

Even as an athlete who’s been playing lacrosse for a very long time, Noah still faces a lot of challenges that he faces while playing.  When he plays in the FCIAC he gets really nervous but he tries to not let that affect him while playing.  His goals for this season is to get better at his position and to make it to state playoffs.  While being an athlete he has his own schedule so he doesn’t have things overlap and what he does before games is eat and listen to music.  Outside of playing lacrosse, Noah likes to go camping and spending time with his family because he likes to spend time outside.  Although Noah is a senior, he is still managing his grades and keeping them where they are because he wants to be just like his Dad and play college lacrosse and pass it on to his kids.

Two Senior Captains, Jagger Opalaniski and Nick Fatone had very positive things to say about upcoming star Noah Lawrence.  They both love to work with Noah because they think it’s nice that they have someone younger than him always pushing them and someone who shows a good character fro the team.  They see Noah as a hard working guy who is always displicined which is someone they really count on.  Finally their favorite memory with Noah was when they beat Stamford and Noah went up to them and was very proud of them. which really meant a lot to them.  Although this is Noah’s last year playing with Jagger and Nick they still believe  they can connect with Noah and still talk to each other everyday no matter how far away they’re from each other.

It feels great as a senior to have a guy like him pushing you all the time and showing a good example for the team

— Nick Fatone and Jagger Opalinski On Noah

For the first time in school history, we won’t have home games for all spring sports because they’re now taking down Testa Field to start building their new school that they’ve been talking about for the last few years.  This year it’s gonna look pretty different for Noah because he won’t have home field advantage but that’s not going to stop Noah from working hard.  Noah wants to treat every year of him playing lacrosse like it’s his last year because he thinks if he gets better each year he can follow his Dad’s footsteps and play lacrosse in college, he’s even making sure his grades are on point so schools can look at his gpa and see he’s more than just an athlete.  An athlete he looks up to everyday is Brett Makar, a fifth year senior who graduated last year in B.A. in communications, first defender to wear No. 1 jersey at Maryland in 30 years, and was named Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year in 2022 and 2023.  Noah believes if he can follow his footsteps and do exactly what Brett Makar does he can be just like him and be a top lacrosse player at whatever college is willing to give him a chance.

To hear all about Noah’s story of playing lacrosse from kindergarten to now and his teammates talk all about him, below is a link to the video all about him.  Hope this inspires you!