The source for all NHS news, sports, opinion, and entertainment. For the students by the students.

NHS BEARS DEN

NHS BEARS DEN

NHS BEARS DEN

Mic’d Up With Mr. Zajdel

From assistant swim coach to freshman girls lacrosse coach

Mr. Zajdel has already proven himself as an excellent swim coach and teacher, but this spring season he is taking on a new challenge. With no experience in the sport of lacrosse, Mr. Zajdel has bravely stepped up to become the new freshman girls lacrosse coach. Mr. Z is not one to stray away from a challenge, so we are eager to see how he will adapt his coaching practices from water to land sports this season.

In the classroom Mr. Z is known to exude passion within his subject area. His thoughtfulness in teaching and determination to educate his students on the practices of the U.S. government make him great at what he does. He also has a special ability to connect with his students and adapt his teaching practices to individual student needs. Who’s to say he can’t apply these skills to lacrosse as well?

We had the opportunity to “mic up” Mr. Z at two of his practices with the goal of getting a better understanding of who he is specifically as a lacrosse coach. Watch the video above to get an inside look on Mr. Z’s first year coaching lacrosse, and learn about how a normal practice would look for him in this unique situation.