The source for all NHS news, sports, opinion, and entertainment. For the students by the students.

NHS BEARS DEN

NHS BEARS DEN

NHS BEARS DEN

4 Year Superstar

Ashley DiLauro making an impact in the Norwalk Girls Soccer program as being a leader since freshman year.

Ashley DiLauro is a four-year superstar senior who has helped lead our Girl’s Soccer team! Number 2 on the field has made an impact in the program and has shown what leadership truly is. Over the course of her four years, Ashley played forward during freshman year, played defense junior year, and now playing midfield for her last year at the High. DiLauro has adjusted to new positions and has stepped up each year.

Taking on the role of captain this year for her team we wanted to get a closer look at how her teammates and coaches appreciate her leadership and attributes on the field. We spoke to former Girls Soccer head coach Mike Surace about DiLauro and her success, “I named her captain before I stepped down, I think we have kind of moved her around since freshman year and she just took it and adapted to it. She never complained and just grinds. She just became so reliable for us.”

DiLauro is a great motivator for the team. Giving pep talks before, during, and after games. She leads a good example of how to become a better player on the field. No matter if it is a practice or a game she always gives her full effort on the field. She treats everyone on her team as one big family. She knows how to bring everyone together for fun events after soccer practices such as eating pizza at Colony Grill or when going on bus rides to away games blasting music and singing out loud with the entire team.

I was able to have a moment to speak with Captain Ashley DiLauro and she said something that has stayed with her these past four years “Patience is the key to success.”

Girls soccer hopes to improve under the leadership of Ashley DiLauro. They have upcoming games on 9/22 away at St Joeseph and 9/30 home against Westhill.