The source for all NHS news, sports, opinion, and entertainment. For the students by the students.

NHS BEARS DEN

NHS BEARS DEN

NHS BEARS DEN

The Last Leg of the Season

Learn about how the Nor/Mac Swim and Dive Team prepared for the post season.
Ally Lanzarotto
NorMac Girls Swim/Dive Team

The season just ended for the NorMac Girls Swim/Dive team. The team had 13 girls qualify for the state meet between both Norwalk and Brien McMahon. The swimmers from Norwalk include, Madison Marini, Marabella Zullo, Katie Brennan, Isla Cunniffe, Ashley Carvente, and Francessca Zullo. From Brien McMahon, Prudie Phillips, Samantha Taylor, Chloe Ableman, and Mackenzie Grey will be in the pool along with Ali Kolman, Ellie Davies, and Taylor Davies diving.

The team finished the regular season with a record of 4-4.  After beating Staples for the first time in over 20 years they also won Ruden Report Team of the Week. The NorMac Girls Swim/Dive team had a successful season which they then carried into the state meet.

The Class LL Diving Championship took place on Thursday, 11/9 at the Cornerstone Pool in West Hartford. Ali Kolman placed first in the state for diving. The first round of the state meet was held on Saturday 11/11 at Wesleyan. The NorMac Girls Swim and Dive team placed fourth in the first round.

I am immensely proud of not just the work that was done in the pool, but the bond and sportsmanship shown on deck. I am very happy that it was all shown with the scores we had this season.”

— 'Isla Cunniffe'

The CIAC State Open Diving meet was held on Thursday 11/16 at Middletown where Ali Kolman placed third. The CIAC State Open Swimming meet was held on Saturday 11/19 at Yale where NorMac was represented by the relay team.