The source for all NHS news, sports, opinion, and entertainment. For the students by the students.

NHS BEARS DEN

NHS BEARS DEN

NHS BEARS DEN

Norwalk Volleyball’s Future Looks Bright With Coach Len In Charge

Norwalk High School Volleyball has a new coach, Eleni Tsaparakis, whose passion for the game is promising.

Some changes have been made in Norwalk High School’s volleyball program. They have a new coach for this upcoming season.  Norwalk won their first Scrimmage against Bridgeport Harding, 3-0.  Their performance looks promising, which excites the Norwalk community.

Coach Eleni Tsaparakis (Coach Len) and George Tsaparakis are the Varsity and JV coaches.  Coach George Tsaparakis is a math teacher at Norwalk High School, and has been a coach in years past.  His sister, Eleni Tsaparakis, is beginning her first year as a coach for Norwalk High Volleyball.  Coach Len played Volleyball for Norwalk High School for four years at the varsity level.  After graduating from NHS, she continued her volleyball career at the collegiate level, playing at the UMass Dartmouth, even becoming a captain.  After graduating from college, she pursued her passion for digital design and arts, while continuing to take part in volleyball.  She coached at NorthEast Volleyball Club in Norwalk, and won many tournaments with her teams.  In addition, she has a passion for playing both grass and beach volleyball tournaments around the tri-state area, in the open(extremely competitive) and AA level.  

I really like Coach Len. She always brings good energy to practices and games. I think Coach Len brings a lot of new ideas and experience to the Norwalk High Volleyball program.”

— Ally Lanzarotto

Maddie Collins, a junior in the program said,“We’re looking to be in more games this season, and Coach Len has helped us form a more competitive environment.”

Coach Len is extremely excited to coach the sport she loves at Norwalk High School.  She is committed to helping Norwalk volleyball players develop their skills and learn the game.  Her passion for Volleyball is promising for Norwalk.  Be sure to keep an eye out for Norwalk High School Volleyball, because their future is bright with Coach Eleni Tsaparakis in charge.  They play at home on Friday, September 29th, in Norwalk’s Tom Scarso Gymnasium.  Be sure to be there.