The source for all NHS news, sports, opinion, and entertainment. For the students by the students.

NHS BEARS DEN

NHS BEARS DEN

NHS BEARS DEN

What does the senior season hold?

FCIAC Champ Nick Fatone Takes On Senior Wrestling Season
    Nick Fatone Warming Up

Senior Nick Fatone and captain of the boys wrestling team at Norwalk High plans to take back his FCIAC title this upcoming season. Fatone shines on the wrestling mat with a past of winning his first CLAC title his sopbomore year, and getting second place his junior year. Getting second place last year is fueling Fatones fire title once again this year. I got a chance to speak with Nick Fatone and ask him about his past with wrestling along with his training for the upcoming season.
    To win the FCIAC
    “Winning FCIACs as a sophomore was pretty surreal. I was having a great almost undefeated season leading up to my FCIAC match. I was in the 3rd seed and considered an underdog coming into this tournament. On my way to the finals I teched the two seed and that left many stunned. I ended up pinning the one seed in the finals with just a minute left in the match creating one of the most memorable moments in my life for sure. ” Nick Fatone talking abour his sophomore wrestling experience.
    “I took second this previous year but I’m looking to take back my title this year and go on to win LL’s, State Opens, and New Englands.” Fatone also mentions his junior season here and how it ended for him. He also gives an input on his expectations for himself for this year.
    Lastly, I asked Fatone to give us an inside scoop on how his training process is going for this season.
    “I’m training 6 days a week to perfect my basics that way I’Il be ready for our first match this Wednesday. All the trainings going great so far and I feel great in my new weight class. I am ready to make a statement this year.” Nick Fatone is prepared for his senior season coming in with confidence to finish out his high school wrestling carter with a bang.