The source for all NHS news, sports, opinion, and entertainment. For the students by the students.

NHS BEARS DEN

NHS BEARS DEN

NHS BEARS DEN

The Final Serve For The Volleyball Seniors

All
Seniors celebrating senior night.

As the 2023 volleyball seniors retire from their years playing volleyball I asked some of the seniors if they could reflect on their past with Norwalk High School volleyball. Starting with captain Seve Zurkowski, I asked her hope she feels about leaving her favorite sport along with why she started the sport in the first place.

She responded with “I have been playing volley for 7 years now. I started because I would watch all of my sisters games when she played for Norwalk High School. From then on I started to play volleyball and when I got to the high school I knew I wanted to try out for the volleyball team. My first year I made the JV team because there was no way of making the varsity team with the players who were currently there. The next year when I tried out I made varsity. For my first 3 years of Norwalk High School volleyball I never really had a consistent coach. I feel I learned a lot from not having a coach because I connected with my team, and felt I had a team that truly supported me. I have grown so much as a player and my team has been the best in all four years of playing. I’m sad to say goodbye to NHS volleyball but I am most