Cranbury Elementary School’s New Little Library Donated by Former Student

Cranbury Elementary School alum Autumn Anderson for her senior capstone makes a little library for all present and future students to enjoy.

“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” 

-Dr. Seuss

Reading is a gateway to imagination and creativity. When you read, you enter different worlds, meet interesting characters, and visualize scenarios in your mind. It sparks creativity and fosters imaginative thinking.

For senior, Autumn Anderson (’23),  “Reading is such a healthy and positive way to spend your time. It helps expand vocabulary, helps you get off your phone which is big thing nowadays.” She wanted to get her message out so for her senior capstone she decided to create a little library “for the place that helped me create my love for reading,” Cranbury Elementary School. 

Anderson obtained this idea because she helped start Norwalk High School’s little library. Anderson states, “I already had helped out with Norwalk High, I thought that idea was great and a perfect way to leave a legacy and memory for Cranbury.” Deciding to bring a library to Cranbury was sentimental for Autumn, “I learned how to read in elementary school. It is the place I found my favorite fantasies like Harry Potter and Percy Jackson.”

Anderson also said, “A lot of people in Norwalk aren’t financially stable, books are not cheap, neither is transportation. With free books, I wanted to provide a way for anybody in and around Cranbury to get their desired books.”

It also gave me an opportunity to go back to elementary school and reconnect with all my teachers that I haven’t seen in seven years. It was rewarding to be able to show them I’m doing something important.

— Autumn Anderson

Reading also allows you to gain knowledge and information about a wide range of topics. It exposes you to different perspectives, ideas, and experiences. Reading helps you stay informed and expands your understanding of the world.

Furthermore, be sure to visit Cranbury’s Little Library and remember if you take a book, leave a book so the library stays filled with books for other learners to enjoy!