A Journey Different Than Others

Dakari+Eason

Dakari Eason

Dakari Eason, “Kari”.  a former Norwalk lacrosse and football co-captain, was undecided where he would be attending college in the fall of 2017 for lacrosse.

He was two time All FCIAC conference for football his junior and senior year but was also All Conference West for lacrosse his senior year in 2016. As early March came around he decided to take his talents and further his education career at Mount Ida in Massachusetts. In high school, Dakari was an outstanding athlete living the high school dream as being one of the most popular kids. He also enjoyed doing Norwalk High School’s annual dodgeball tournament to raise and donate money to a different cause every year. Kari’s decision to go to Mount Ida seemed like the right choice as a senior in high school but after his first semester he decided to transfer to Western New England university in Springfield Massachusetts. He played his freshman year of college at WNE for lacrosse in 2017. Due to coaching issues Kari saw his only option as returning to Mount Ida to play his sophomore and junior year.
After coming home for the summer going into his senior year of college , Kari had to make one of the hardest decisions of his life. He decided to stay home and pursue his goal of coaching. During that summer he was hired in Fairfield, Connecticut to train and coach young basketball players at a camp run by Norwalk High boys former basketball coach, Tom Keyes. Kari then was getting offers to train these young kids year round in private sessions. He made the choice to stay home and pursue his dream of coaching. After talking to Dakari his words were “ I wanted to go and make my dreams come true. I loved college and the feeling of playing lacrosse but I wanted to start making money for my career and this was the perfect opportunity for me”. As being a Norwalk High graduate Dakari was always taught to chase his goals and give it all you got . Dakari inspires the youth in different ways. This is Dakari Eason’s story and this is where he is now.