The source for all NHS news, sports, opinion, and entertainment. For the students by the students.

NHS BEARS DEN

NHS BEARS DEN

NHS BEARS DEN

Captains Corner: Jaylen Brown

Listen in on our podcast as we ask captain of the boys basketball team, Jaylen Brown, some questions about the upcoming season!
Click on our podcast to listen!

Jaylen Brown is a senior captain on the Norwalk High boys basketball team. He sat down with us to discuss some of his thoughts and feelings on the upcoming season. The bears look to bounce back from last year’s season which constituted a lot of rebuilding, as the team lost most of their starting lineup following the 2021-22 season. This year, the team is in full force following tryouts with a lot of leadership from upperclassmen and multiple underclassmen that are ready to work and improve daily.

When asked about the energy on the court this season, Jaylen described it as “electric.” He also explained how hard the boys have been working to get better during the offseason and strengthen their connections on and off of the court. It’s clear that one of the main priorities of the team during their time off was building up their chemistry and forming stronger bonds, as Jaylen describes during the podcast. We wish the boys basketball team the best of luck this season and we’re excited to watch them put the work in on the court!

The team before a game at Darien High School last season.

Dylan Thomas