Athlete Commitment Spotlight- Kadence Faucher

A series by B.C.S.N Creator Samantha Philipp, on student athletes who have committed to play at the collegiate level.

Committing to play a sport at the collegiate level is a huge accomplishment that deserves to be recognized.  To showcase this achievement, B.C.S.N Creator Samantha Philipp, sits down with the student athletes at Norwalk High who have committed to hear their story.

The newest athlete to commit is high school senior Kadence Faucher, who has found her new home for the next four years!  An avid rower for the Maritime Rowing Club in Norwalk CT, Kadence looks to continue her rowing career at D1 University of Rhode Island (URI) next fall!

Q: Why did you pick the University of Rhode Island? 

“I picked URI because of the beautiful campus and the tight knit team.  The team is such a close group of people and they are so welcoming.”

Q: How was your recruitment process? 

“My recruitment process was definitely stressful and a lot of work,”  Kadence explains.  The upside however was, “when coaches were reaching out to me and wanting to set up meetings, it was so exciting!”  In the end “it was definitely exciting to know I was going to be a D1 rower.”

“It was definitely exciting to know I was going to be a D1 rower.

— Kadence Faucher

Q: What advice do you have for athletes who want to compete at the next level?

“Start as early as you can,” Kadence says when talking about the recruitment process, “because you don’t want to wait till the last minute.  Reach out to colleges you are interested in, even if you think you won’t get a response.  It doesn’t hurt to try!  Work hard and even when you feel like you want to give up, keep pushing.”

Q: How long have you been rowing for? 

“I have been rowing for 6 years.”