The source for all NHS news, sports, opinion, and entertainment. For the students by the students.

NHS BEARS DEN

NHS BEARS DEN

NHS BEARS DEN

Dive into the Postseason with the NorMac Swim & Dive

See how NorMac Swim & Dive did in their playoff run
Mr. Minocci
2023-24 Boys Swim and Dive team

With the NorMac Boy’s swim and dive team going into their CIAC meets at the end of the week, let’s see how the team and some individuals did in their FCIAC competitions and their goals for the CIAC tournament. In FCIAC’s the team took home the bronze medal finishing in 3rd place behind New Cannan and Greenwich who won it all with 5 swimmers reaching the podium including senior captains Kris Flores and Mike Kvashchuk, with Jaxson Mcquaid taking 4th place in his diving competition.

We spoke to senior captains Kris Flores, Mike Kvashchuk, and  Jaxson Mcquaid. Here’s what Jaxson Mcquaid had to say; “Our expectations for our diving is to both place in the top 6. The class is small but there is room for error which can severely impact our team, our swim team expects to place top 2 which would be history for our team everyone to make state opens and show off their true swimming abilities against the best in the state and finish in the top 5 at state opens.”

We are looking to take down a bunch of records and finish top 2 in states for the best finish in school history. We are also working on improving our times recorded from FCIACs and being the best we can be.

— Kris Flores

Captain Mike Kvashchuk had a lot to say about his preparation for the state open meet; “After losing both of my races in the FCIAC meet, I look forward to states so I can come up big and win them. It’s my senior year so I’m hoping I can end it off on a high note being a state champion in my races.”After a big upset in the 50 and 100 freestyle races at FCIACs, Mike looks to make a comeback at states and get two big wins for the team.

The NorMac swim and dive team starts their quest for the state championship on Saturday, March 9th, 2024, and ends Tuesday, March 12th, 2024